I let today get away from me. Or rather, I got into other stuff today and didn’t get in my morning writing. Now it’s late and I’ll just be going through the motion of “writing” this week. Quantity over quality is the point here. Something is better than nothing, and I’ll inventory some highlights of the last couple of week’s activity to make my quota.
– Strategized around PBA.org. Editorial calendar, social media schedule, process outline, new shows.
– Recorded a couple of bands. Sometimes my job is super fun.
– Created an audio slide show. Also fun.
– Photographed I don’t know how many people eating microphones.
– Visited student photographers and critiqued their ‘day in the life’ projects.
– Taped Gilbert Gottfried interview. Also fun.
– “Camino Real” Preview Interview at Atlanta Ballet. I think this one’s going to be good. I mean, the others I’ve seen have been good too, but the choreographer described this one as a “mosh pit.”
– Got a pie in the face (three, actually).
– Added a pullup bar. Finally. I have a long standing goal of being able to do multiple pullups, and now I’m making progress toward it.
– Moved things around, continued baby prep. Gotta make space. New housemate is coming soon.
– Cleaned the garage too. This was baby related, but a big job and it gets its own item.
– Flew the Bebop. Practicing for an exciting upcoming professional use, and how to get it out of trees.
– Clomped around in this plastic boot. Friday was six weeks. I really hope it comes off soon.
– Solved problems every day. Because that is what I do.
So I haven’t been thinking about writing, but I have been busy. Next week maybe I’ll prioritize this writing exercise again. Pretty sure this is week ten. Hope I’m not burning out so early in the effort. Everything is ups and downs though. I’ll find the balance eventually.